Thursday, January 10, 2013

4 Weeks Pregnant


We've known for about 5 days now that baby #2 is on the way! Yes, thanks to my inability to resist the urge to test. :) Now we are officially counting the weeks here at 4 weeks pregnant. Yay!

I almost feel like a crazy person for having so many symptoms already because it wasn't like this with Kaelyn, but I'm not just making them up! Before I even got the positive test I was tired, stronger sense of smell, cried watching the news (I don't just cry like that) and felt nauseas a couple times. Another thing that happened before I found out has to do with Kaelyn. One night after I nursed her for bed she was sitting in my lap facing me whispering and smiling at me (which is almost a nightly thing before I lay her down). Then she lifted my shirt, pointed to my belly then rubbed it and smiled... My first thought was "does she know something I don't know?? Does she have some crazy instinct or something that there could be a baby in my belly??" It was so strange that she did that then, she's never done that before. I mean, I've heard of those things kind of happening before, but really?! Who knows if that meant anything or not but that was my only thought. I also had a very vivid dream the night before I tested that I got a positive pregnancy test. It felt so real! So of course when I woke up I had to test and what do you know, it was positive!

As for what I've been experiencing after finding out until now: Occasional slightly nauseous uneasy feeling when I get hungry, most of the time it'll go away soon after eating but a couple times it lingered. Diarrhea, yea...it wasn't near this bad with Kaelyn. Bloating, especially when I have to pee which brings me to having to pee all the time already. Gassy. waking up in early hours of the morning and not being able to go back to sleep. Probably the biggest thing is I'm so hungry! And when I feel a tinge of hunger I HAVE to eat. I've noticed short lasting twinge pains really low if I make a quick movement or laugh/cough/sneeze. So I think that's it. As if that's not enough?? Maybe just the initial surge of hormones and I'll have an easy pregnancy like with K. Wishful thinking? ;)

I made an appointment with my obstetrician Dr. B. I LOVED him with K's pregnancy and delivery so of course I'll be using him again. I will go to confirm pregnancy and more than likely have an ultrasound done January 24th at 2:45. I will be 6 weeks then. It will probably still be a little early to see a heartbeat but I'm hopeful. The office called in a prescription for the same prenatals I took last time so I will be picking those up this afternoon. I like them better than the over the counter ones I've been taking since having her.

I will be keeping track of weight and belly measurement just like last time along with a weekly belly shot to show progression. It is so neat to look back at those from K! Also, I thought taking photos of Kaelyn with the chalkboard showing what week we're at would be nice to involve her in the pregnancy and see how much she grows in the next 8 months before baby comes!

Weight starting out is 123 lbs. (Actually 3 lbs less than I started out with K)
Belly measuring 31.5 inches which is the same from K's!



1 comment:

  1. Yay for OB appointment! I think it's great you're involving Kaelyn in everything.

    ReplyDelete